Posted on 20 Feb 2020
Synergy Architects are a thriving practice with a growing, varied workload.
We are currently looking for an outstanding, committed technologist to add to our team, and invite applications from suitable candidates with at least five years' relevant experience.
We offer a competitive package, with pension and other benefits, and a friendly work environment, in the heart of the attractive Regency town of Leamington Spa.
From our central location, we work nationally across a wide range of sectors including hotels, conference and events, education, training, healthcare and leisure.
The practice runs Vectorworks CAD software on Apple Macs. Experience of this is preferable, but not essential and full training will be given. Skills in Microsoft Office, SketchUp and other presentation / 3D visualisation software would also be beneficial.
We are seeking candidates with a high level of technical knowledge and construction detailing ability, who can work effectively within the project team to deliver information packages and projects to programme and budget.
Chartered membership of CIAT is preferred but not essential (progression to MCIAT will be encouraged).
The position is permanent, full-time and working hours are 9.00am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, although applicants seeking reduced hours may be considered. Holidays (full-time): 20 days, plus bank holidays, as well as a Christmas shutdown.
Salary is dependent on ability, experience & qualifications.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please forward a copy of your CV, salary expectations and examples of work to Rob Gibbs (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 12.00 noon on 19th March 2020.
Synergy Architects are an equal opportunities employer.
- Degree in architectural technology or equivalent;
- 5+ years’ relevant experience;
- Experience working across all RIBA work stages on a range of building types;
- Ability to work with other team members and contributors, both internally and externally;
- Able to deliver information and projects to programme and budget;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English);
- Thorough knowledge of UK building regulations and other relevant legislation;
- Able to demonstrate excellent knowledge of construction technology and detailing ability;
- Experience of using CAD (prior experience of BIM beneficial but not essential).